Lip Fillers – Plump and Perfect Your Smile
Lip Fillers are one of SkinHD’s most popular treatments for achieving plump, perfectly defined lips that enhance your natural beauty.
Lip Fillers are a transformative treatment aimed at enhancing lip volume, definition and achieving that perfect pout.
Lip Enhancement involves the precise injection of specialised Hyaluronic Acid based dermal fillers to create plump and beautifully contoured lips.
At SkinHD, we are champions of the natural look, and our expert medical professionals use top-grade products like Juvederm and Teosyal to enhance your lips subtly. Whether you desire a gentle volume boost or a more pronounced look, our Lip Fillers offer confidence-boosting results that are a testament to your natural beauty.
What concerns does Lip Fillers address:
- Lip Volume – plump your lips for a fuller, more luscious smile
- Lip Contours – define the borders of your lips which can help stop your lipstick bleeding into the fine lines around the lips
- Philtrum – accentuate the cupid’s bow
- Hydration– Hyaluronic Acid is a great ingredient for boosting moisture in the lips
- Correct Asymmetry – balance top/bottom lip ratio
- Help lift a downward turned smile and improve lip shape
Frequently Asked Questions
Lip Fillers are a type of dermal filler that is used to add volume to naturally thin lips or lips that have lost volume with age. They use a specially formulated type of hyaluronic acid that is precisely injected to add body and definition to the lips.
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, that when used as a dermal filler, is low-risk and accepted by the body well.
Once the product starts to break down, your body reabsorbs the hyaluronic acid and naturally removed as a waste product.
You’ll see an immediate improvement to the size of your lips, but swelling and bruising can be apparent for a couple of days afterwards. You’ll see the full effects of the treatment 5-14 days after treatment once the filler has settled.
Usually a single session is sufficient, however if you’re looking for a more pronounced look, we may suggest having a small amount over a couple of treatments so the results aren’t as dramatic (unless that’s the look you’re going for!)
Results vary depending which product is used and can vary from person to person depending on lifestyle, but typically Lip Fillers last 6-9 months. Regular maintenance sessions can help to prolong the results.
At SkinHD, we are committed to delivering the best possible results. That’s why we only use top-grade products renowned for their quality, including Juvederm, Teosyal and Belotero.
Most people are suitable for lip enhancements if you want to re-volumise your lip shape or accentuate your natural features. However, we insist on a free consultation with our medical professionals to ensure suitability. Lip Enhancements are not recommended if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
To achieve optimal results, we’d recommend booking your lip appointment 2-3 weeks before a big event, to ensure that any bruising or swelling has totally resolved.
SkinHD prioritises the natural look, ensuring your lips look refreshingly natural and not overdone.
Immediately after your treatment, your lips may be swollen, and you may experience some bleeding and/or bruising. We can give you ice packs to apply at home to help ease discomfort.
- Avoid putting any firm pressure on your lips immediately after the treatment.
- Avoid wearing make up/lipstick for 2 hours post-procedure, so your skin can form a protective barrier over the injection site and avoid infection
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat for 24 hours – so no saunas, steam rooms or excessively hot showers/baths
- Follow any additional instructions provided by your SkinHD practitioner
- Lip Fillers harmonise beautifully with various other treatments, such as botox, chemical peels and skin boosters, offering a holistic approach to achieving your ideal look.
- We’d usually say wait a couple of weeks after your lip appointment for the filler to settle before booking in for any other treatments such as chemical peels, just to avoid any migration of the product and reduce any potential side effects.
- The most common side effects are slight to moderate swelling and potentially bruising, that may last up to 2 weeks. Your skin around the mouth may also appear a little flushed for a couple of days.
- More severe complications are rare, but include: prolonged swelling or bleeding, lip asymmetry, ulceration, scarring or stiffening of the lip, infection, migration of product, allergic reaction, granuloma (which is a hard lump that doesn’t go away after all swelling has resolved). The most serious side effect of lip fillers is vascular occlusion, which can block blood flow and can cause tissue necrosis.
- It’s important to note all injectors at SkinHD are not only skilled but qualified medical professionals. This means they possess the expertise to handle any side effects quickly and effectively. Whilst severe complications are rare, rest assured that our team is fully equipped to address and manage any issues that might arise with precision and care. Your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities.
- In the event of undesired outcomes from lip fillers, the use of an injectable product called hyaluronidase can effectively reverse the procedure.
- If you are concerned about bruising, or you tend to bruise easily, avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen and alcohol for 24 hours before the treatment. If you are on blood-thinning medication, you do not need to stop taking it before treatment, but please be aware you may be at risk of getting some bruising.
- Ideally arrive at your appointment without make-up, but don’t worry if you don’t, as your practitioner will cleanse the area fully before the treatment.
- We will provide numbing cream for you to apply to your lips before your appointment. The product also contains lidocaine to ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. We can also provide you with an ice pack before and after the treatment to help reduce swelling.
Why choose SkinHD for my Lip Fillers?
- Over 20 years combined medical knowledge and experience
- Champions of natural looking results
- Honest and genuine advice – we’ll never suggest treatments you don’t need!
- No hard-sells or pushy sales techniques
- Friendly and family run clinic in South Manchester
- Loyalty programme, earn as you spend, referral scheme and birthday bonuses!
- Payment options available through Klarna